Common Ground is not your ordinary natural foods store so it stands to reason that we’re not looking for ordinary team members. We’re looking for hard workers who are passionate about local and organic food, who are great with people, and who care about the C-U community.
And the Co-op is no ordinary employer! Below are just some of the unique aspects and benefits of working at Common Ground:
- Extra training and development opportunities for employees who show ability and passion for their work.
- Opportunity: Common Ground is one of the fastest growing small businesses in C-U.
- 20% store discounts.
- Matching IRA contributions for all employees.
- Flexible schedules.
- For full time employees (defined as 30 hours or more worked per week) the co-op also offers health benefits and paid time off.
- Fun: No, really. We know a lot of companies say they are fun to work for, but Common Ground is the real deal. We invite you to ask any of our staff next time you stop in!
- Work you can believe in: Common Ground brings healthy food to the community, supports and promotes local farms, and constantly challenges itself and its customers to be good environmental stewards.
If you are interested in making a difference in the community, apply today. You may download an employment application (Word or PDF), or pick one up from the registers in store. Completed applications should be returned to the front registers at the co-op, faxed to: 217-352-2214, or mailed to: Common Ground Food Co-op, 300 S. Broadway Ave, Urbana, IL 61801.