Pear Prosciutto Pecan Galette
Impress your family with this gorgeous and decadent galette highlighting local ripe pears, artisan prosciutto, regional Voss pecans, and local gouda cheese.
1. Thaw frozen puff pastry dough overnight in fridge.
2. Preheat oven to 375F.
3. Thinly slice local pears and grate cheese.
4. Unravel puff pastry onto a sheet of parchment paper. Cover the middle of the pastry with grated cheese and then decorate the center with layered slices of pears. Start with the outer layer stacking pears in a circle and when that is complete, create the innermost circle of layered pears.
5. Fold the edges of the puff pasty to frame the filling and form circular shape.
6. Carefully peel thin slices of prosciutto and roll them up to resemble roses. Place the prosciutto roses and pecans on top of the layered pears.
7. Place puff pastry and parchment paper on a baking sheet or pizza stone and bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until the galette is crispy and golden brown.