Choritzo Tofu Breakfast Scramble
Our grocery department recently brought in a new brand of tofu - Pumfu! Pumfu is a remarkable, protein rich tofu alternative made using only pumpkin seeds and water that's organic, GMO-free, soy-free, nut-free and gluten-free. Pumfu marinates well and is very versatile, and can be used for sandwiches, stir-frys, scrambles and even desserts - anywhere you'd normally use tofu, Pumfu is the perfect replacement. We used the Chorizo variety to create a delicious vegan breakfast scramble!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
2. On a large baking sheet, add potatoes, olive oil, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until potatoes are fully cooked.
3. About 10 minutes before potatoes are done, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and let melt completely. Crumble in the tofu, making sure the pieces you are cooking are relatively small.
4. Add the red pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add chopped spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
6. To finish the dish, add the potatoes to the pan, along with nutritional yeast and any other seasoning adjustments.
7. Garnish with fresh avocado slices and serve immediately. Enjoy!