The Food For All program is designed to help our customers eat healthy and save money.
- We offer a grant program for those who would like to attend one of our classes but are unable to do so for financial reasons. The FFA Education Grant gives customers a 100% discount on any class at Common Ground.
- If you would like to take a class using a Food For All Grant, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Look at our upcoming classes
Food For All Discount: Food Accessibility Program
Is the Owner Equity Grant out of your budget? Apply for your Food For All Discount now!
- The FFA Equity Grant gives qualified Co-op customers a 10% discount on Co+op Basics food staples and all of produce.
- FFA members will also be granted a yearly ownership that has been donated through Co-op community fundraisers like our Annual Plant Sale or Round Up For Good donation program.
- Anyone who has an active food stamp (LINK) card, a temporary illness or disability, who is responsible for care of someone suffering from a temporary illness or disability, or who is currently receiving unemployment, or currently receiving governmental assistance automatically qualifies for an Equity Grant.
How Long Does the Discount Last?
The FFA Discount Program gives qualified Co-op owners 10% off on purchases of items on the Co-op Basics List for a year.
Each of the recipes can feed four people for under $2 a serving, using natural and organic ingredients you can buy at Common Ground. You can find all of our recipes here.
Co+op Basics List
The Co+op Basics List is a list of items at Common Ground that are discounted for all customers. The items discounted are healthy, organic basic items such as whole wheat flour, milk, produce and bulk dried beans. Our buyers are constantly on the look out for more staples to add to the list. You can view the list here or pick up this list at the Welcome Desk next time you are at the Co-op to help with your grocery budget!
Making healthy food accessible includes educating people on how to select, buy, and use healthful grocery items. We've developed classes to help with that.
Cooking Healthy on a Budget is offered monthly at Common Ground. Learn hands-on cooking techniques, tips, and time-savers to feed your family for less! Participants will have the opportunity to prepare a Food For All recipe from start to finish with a member of our co-op staff. You will leave with dozens of recipes for meals that cost less than $2 per serving and many new skills to try at home.