Common Ground Food Co-op is proud to give back to the community. In 2015, we donated over $56,263 to 64 charitable organizations and hosted 24 community events. We have a donations policy that is aligned with our Ends:
The co-op is the center of a vibrant, inclusive community
The cooperative movement is strengthened
The co-op serves as an educational resource on food issues
Our local food movement is equitable, robust, and environmentally sound.
In keeping with these values, we contribute regularly to organizations that:
- Are community organizations that support the populations of Champaign County and Central Illinois
- Have no political or religious affiliations
- Have as a goal improving and/or educating consumers about the nutritional quality of food; improving sustainability in food production; and/or supporting local food production
- Support co-operative values, such as farm production co-ops
- Provide support to members of the community who are in need, such as organizations that provide relief to low-income households
- Support environmental stewardship, such as organizations focused on issues that affect the environment
Common Ground makes donations in the form of product or a gift card. Because we receive so many donation requests, we attempt to spread our donations out among as broad a spectrum of community organizations as possible. We are more likely to make small donations to many different organizations on a frequent basis than we are to make large donations to a few organizations. We ask organizations to give us plenty of advance notice (at least four weeks) in order to consider their request and prepare our donation.
Request a Donation
1. Fill out and submit the form below
2. Requests must be submitted at least four weeks in advance of any event
It is our intent to help our community to the extent we are able. We will carefully consider your donation request and will do the best we can to support your organization. Thank you for thinking of Common Ground and for your valuable work in the community.