Join the fun! Common Ground isn't your average employer: we provide competitive wages and benefits, a great work environment, and plenty of opportunity for growth.
To view or apply for open positions, please visit our job portal at the link below.
Common Ground Food Co-op is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Click here to apply for cool jobs!
If you are interested in applying for the position of General Manager, which is also currently open for hire, please see the information below the link. This job is not posted in our job portal as it is hired by the Board of Directors instead of our store's staff.
Now Hiring - General Manager
At Common Ground Food Co-op, we're passionate about naturally delicious, sustainable food and that's just the beginning! As a cooperative business, everything we do is guided by our Ends: Common Ground seeks to be the center of a vibrant, inclusive community; to strengthen the cooperative movement; to serve as an educational resource on food issues; and, to contribute to an equitable, robust, and environmentally sound local food system.
Common Ground Food Co-op is seeking a visionary leader with strong management experience and skills to serve as General manager. The General manager is empowered to manage all aspects of the cooperative and its employees in pursuit of our Ends. Following policy governance, the General Manager reports to the Board of Directors, which is elected by and from our 6,000 owners.
- Essential Qualifications:
- Retail management experience, preferably in conventional or natural foods
- Cooperative leadership ability, including ability to solicit input, help refine and articulate a vision, build support, and strategically implement that vision
- Supervisory experience, including hiring, coaching, evaluating, and developing management level employees and leading a management team
- Ability to delegate tasks and hold staff accountable
- Previous financial or budgetary experience, financial responsibility for a company or organization preferred
- Clear oral and written communication and strong listening skills
- Commitment to Cooperative Principles and Common Ground Ends
- Desired Qualifications:
- Knowledge of current trends in the natural foods industry
- Marketing and merchandising in highly competitive markets
- Experience working with or on a board and/or with policy governance
Common Ground is located in a growing micro-urban community with a population of 125,000+ and home to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. For more information, please visit the Champaign County EDC or Visit Champaign websites.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. To apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to GMsearch@commonground.coop by July 31, 2017. See full job description in link below.