As the Common Ground expansion progresses, many job opportunities will emerge in all departments. In order to find the right people to join our team, we will be holding our first ever hiring fair! Common Ground is not your ordinary natural foods store, so it stands to reason that we’re not looking for ordinary team members – we’re looking for hard workers who are great with people and who care about the C-U community. If this sounds like you, please come out!
When you arrive, you will have a chance to fill out an application and ask Common Ground employees from various departments questions. Bring your resume and/or cover letter if you have one, but it is not a requirement. If you are interested, you will also have the opportunity to participate in a mini interview at the fair.
Below are just some of the unique aspects and benefits of working at Common Ground:
- Extra training and development opportunities for employees who show ability and passion for their work.
- Opportunity: Common Ground is one of the fastest growing small businesses in C-U.
- 20% store discounts.
- Matching IRA contributions for all employees.
- Flexible schedules.
- For full time employees (defined as 30 hours or more worked per week) the co-op also offers health benefits and paid time off.
- Fun: No, really. We know a lot of companies say they are fun to work for, but Common Ground is the real deal. We invite you to ask any of our staff next time you stop in!
- Work you can believe in: Common Ground brings healthy food to the community, supports and promotes local farms, and constantly challenges itself and its customers to be good environmental stewards.
Friday, June 8, 3-8 pm
Location: Lincoln Square Mall Conference Center downtown Urbana